Weekly Wax: Yankee Candle Simply Home Soft Cotton | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

Weekly Wax: Yankee Candle Simply Home Soft Cotton


 Yankee Candle Simply Home Soft Cotton Review


I'm not sure if I tried this candle on a bad day and I'm being grumpy, or this just isn't a good scent, but either way I'll warn you now, I did not like Yankee Candle Simply Home Soft Cotton.  To be fair, clean fresh scents are not what I go for, so I am quite glad I 'borrowed' this from my mum rather than pay for it, but I was fooled by the pretty cream colour and cute name to think I would like this soft cotton scent. 

Described as 'Sun-dried cotton (sun-dried? Like a prune?) combined with green notes, white flowers, and a hint of lemon' this almost sounds not typical of your normal clean fresh scent. But I was wrong, and this is very similar to Yankee Candle Clean Cotton, and especially Fluffy Towels, so Soft Cotton is very worth considering if they are your a fan of those. 

The reason I don't like this is the similarity to Febreeze cleaning spray I think, and even for a cleaning addict like myself, I don't like my candles to smell of that. Thank God this isn't actually a strong scent, and doesn't overpower as much as some Yankee Candles do. And as you can tell, I don't have much in the way of pleasant words about this candle, so my grumpy self is going to find a strong, thick, sugar scented candle - pronto.

Yankee Candle Simply Home Soft Cotton £1 (Asda only appear to have the large jar online)

Have you tried Yankee Candle Simply Home Soft Cotton?



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: