Dirty Looks Hair Extensions & The Ultimate Care Guide | Mascara and Maltesers | UK Beauty Blog

Dirty Looks Hair Extensions & The Ultimate Care Guide


Dirty Looks Hair Extensions Toasted Highlights Review

Dirty Looks Hair Extensions Toasted Highlights


Besides mascara, the next thing I know a lot about is hair extensions, and since I have been wearing them since I have been 16 I like to think I know a thing or two about them and their care. And the one brand I have sworn by? Dirty Looks. Pretty much the only decent clip in hair extensions in my opinion. These extensions are Grade - A, Remy Human Hair. Meaning they are pretty much the best on the market, you only have to look at other companies whilst buying to see they don't offer this quality. No synthetic straggly hair extensions here.

I recently went for a bit of a style change, and have been wearing the Dirty Looks Hair Extensions Toasted Highlights in the length 12-14 inches, and have compiled a little list of things that I do to ensure my extensions last, and actually still look good.

Dirty Looks Hair Extensions Toasted Highlights Review & Care Guide

The Dirty Looks Hair Extensions Toasted Highlights Review & Care


Let's start with the basics-shampooing. I always try and use a rather gentle shampoo and conditioner and don't skimp on the quality. Don't ruin your hair and/or extensions by trying to save a couple of pounds on the super cheap stuff. I've learnt that one the hard way. When it comes down the washing, I always make sure the are entirely tangle free, and gently place the extensions into warm water and leave them to cleanse for no more than ten minutes. Don’t be tempted to swish or swirl the hair around as this will only cause the hair extensions to tangle. Again, one I've learnt the hard way.

Once you have finished washing your hair extensions, gently squeeze out any excess water before laying them flat on a dry towel. Note - you will take up the entire bathroom doing this, and is a good way to scare anyone you live with.  Next up, applying a good quality conditioning treatment to the extensions is vital. A leave-in conditioner or an Argan oil treatment will do the trick, and I have always found you can't go wrong with adding a little extra. When it comes to drying them, the hair dyer is the ultimate sin, and is one way to mess up your extensions. Air drying is your friend, trust me.

When your extensions are good to go, I always try and not use to many heat tools, easier said than done admittedly, but 200c of curling heat is never going to make the extensions last long. When I do succumb to the heat, a heat protector is essential. I am actually better remembering to use this on my extensions rather than my own hair for some reason.

When I am finally done with my extensions, till the next day anyway, I just make sure they are tangle free, this is because some hair products have a knack of damaging or discolouring my beloved clip-in hair extensions if left on for too long. Plus I would always make sure they’re kept free from mildew and mustiness, and always remember to make sure that they are completely dry before putting them away, back in their box. This way you’ll avoid any unpleasant surprises. Yes, mouldy extensions do happen. But hopefully with these simple care tips not only will you have wonderful swish worthy extensions, but they'll also be mould free. Perfection? I think so. 




Do you have anymore hair extension care tips?



*collaborative feature

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: